Batch Technician (Waxing)
A SAFE PLACE TO WORK
Our first priority is the safety of our team members and community. We have strict policies and procedures in place that align with Public Health Canada and Ontario guidelines to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 within our building and in our community.
OUR COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- We provide all employees with personal protective equipment (face mask, face shield and gloves)
- Every person that enters our building has a temperature check and must complete a COVID-19 assessment questionnaire, which is documented for contact tracing
- Offices, manufacturing spaces, and common areas have been reorganized and plastic barriers installed to ensure physical distancing
- All areas are subject to strict cleaning and sanitization schedules
- Physical barriers between workers (plexiglass in the production facility)
- Weekly Rapid Antigen testing for all employees
We listen, we research, we design, and we deliver!
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team with strong leadership? Are you passionate about providing customer-focused solutions?
We are looking for a Batch Technician (Waxing) who is detail-oriented to become a part of our team and support the demands of our ever-growing business! As a Batch Technician (Waxing) with Premier Candle, you will be responsible for mixing the correct ingredients in accordance with customer specifications, maintaining the working area and following health and safety standards.
WHAT WE OFFER
- $17.00 plus 75 cents/hour Night shift premium
- Permanent, full time employment
- Health Benefits
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
You have a High School Diploma with 1 year of experience in manufacturing
You bring basic chemistry, math and critical reasoning skills.
You have the ability to follow health and safety training, work with various material-handling equipment, complete minor calculations and understand formulas. The role requires you to lift objects of up to 20 kg (45 lbs.) and walk or stand for long periods of time.
1. Detail Oriented
2. Health and Safety
4. Time Management
1. Operate forklift to move raw materials such as wax flakes or slabs in and out of the work area.
2. Weigh, measure and verify accuracy of ingredients to be added to the wax.
3. Mix pigments, additives and fragrances in the wax tank in accordance with work order.
4. Monitor pipeline and wax temperatures using tools such as gauges and adjust the steam temperature accordingly.
5. Clean tanks, purge lines, and production area to ensure no residue for changeover of lines.
6. Clean all tools and pails used in the processing of colour wax preparation.
7. Implement all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health and safety compliance.
8. Measure and record data associated with operating equipment.
9. Melt and brick scrap wax for future use.
10. Provide production, progress or changeover reports to shift supervisor.
11. Assist with other operations within the Colour Wax Production area.
Premier Candle Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that strives to attract, develop, and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve. We aim to foster an inclusive work environment and remain committed to fair attraction, development, retention, and advancement practices.
This role operates in a production environment, employees are exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and fragrances.
**NO AGENCIES, PLEASE!**