Machine Operator - Fill Line
A SAFE PLACE TO WORK
Our first priority is the safety of our team members and community. We have strict policies and procedures in place that align with Public Health Canada and Ontario guidelines to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 within our building and in our community.
OUR COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- We provide all employees with personal protective equipment (face mask, face shield and gloves)
- Every person that enters our building has a temperature check and must complete a COVID-19 assessment questionnaire, which is documented for contact tracing
- Offices, manufacturing spaces, and common areas have been reorganized and plastic barriers installed to ensure physical distancing
- All areas are subject to strict cleaning and sanitization schedules
- Physical barriers between workers (plexiglass in the production facility)
- Weekly Rapid Antigen testing for all employees
We listen, we research, we design, and we deliver!
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team with strong leadership? Are you passionate about providing customer-focused solutions?
We are looking for a Fill Line Machine Operator who is detail oriented to become a part of our team to support the demands of our ever-growing business! As a Fill Line Machine Operator with Premier Candle, you will be responsible for running a wax filling machine to ensure proper levels of wax in multiple candles simultaneously and following health and safety standards at all time.
WHAT WE OFFER
1. Competitive Salary
2. Health Benefits
3. Extended Health Care
4. Dental Care
You have a High School Diploma with 1 year of experience in manufacturing.
You bring basic math and mechanical aptitude, as well as problem solving and multitasking skills.
You have the ability to follow health and safety training and maintain production equipment. The role requires you to lift objects of up to 20 kg (45 lbs.), walk or stand for long periods of time, perform repetitive movements and work in a high fragrance environment.
1. Detail Oriented
2. Health and Safety
4. Time Management
1. Examine accuracy of all components before start-up.
2. Prepare and start up wax filling machine at the beginning of shift.
3. Run wax filling machines, ensuring candles meet customer specifications.
4. Maintain machinery in good working condition and run according to specifications at all times.
5. Safeguard area around machinery and verify safe conditions prior to operating and throughout shift.
6. Implement all applicable regulations, policies and procedures for health and safety compliance.
7. Prepare daily reports on run quantity to Lead Hand, Fill Line.
8. Complete daily Machine Operator check list.
9. Conduct quality checks and report them on the Machine Operator check list.
10. Clean and shut down wax filling machine at the end of shift.
11. Assess accuracy of completed orders before staging.
12. Complete and attach skid papers for verification.
13. Assist with other operations within the production area.
Premier Candle Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that strives to attract, develop, and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve. We aim to foster an inclusive work environment and remain committed to fair attraction, development, retention, and advancement practices.
This role operates in a production environment, employees are exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and fragrances.
Please note that Premier Candle Corporation does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Reference ID: MOFL-D-04-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
Extended health care
Schedule: Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Mississauga, ON (preferred)
Experience: manufacturing: 1 year (preferred)
Work remotely: NoAPPLY FOR THIS JOB