Material Handler (Fragrances) - Night Shift
A SAFE PLACE TO WORK
Our first priority is the safety of our team members and community. We have strict policies and procedures in place that align with Public Health Canada and Ontario guidelines to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 within our building and in our community.
OUR COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- We provide all employees with personal protective equipment (face mask, face shield and gloves)
- Every person that enters our building has a temperature check and must complete a COVID-19 assessment questionnaire, which is documented for contact tracing
- Offices, manufacturing spaces, and common areas have been reorganized and plastic barriers installed to ensure physical distancing
- All areas are subject to strict cleaning and sanitization schedules
- Physical barriers between workers (plexiglass in the production facility)
- Weekly Rapid Antigen testing for all employees
We listen, we research, we design, and we deliver!
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team with strong leadership? Are you passionate about providing customer-focused solutions?
We are looking for a Material Handler (Fragrances) who is results-oriented to become a part of our team to support the demands of our ever-growing business! As the Material Handler (Fragrances) with Premier Candle, you will be responsible for the safe movement of material such as additives throughout the production area as directed.
WHAT WE OFFER
1. From $17.00 to $17.50 plus 75 cents/hour Night shift premium
2. Health Benefits
3. Extended Health Care
4. Dental Care
You have a High school Diploma with 1 year of experience in manufacturing.
· Valid forklift certificate is required
You bring basic math and critical reasoning skills.
You have the ability to follow health and safety training, work with various material-handling equipment in a high traffic area and complete minor calculations. The role requires you to lift objects of up to 20 kg (45 lbs.), walk or stand for long periods of time and work in a high fragrance environment.
1. Detail Oriented
2. Health and Safety
4. Time Management
1. Operate various types of material-handling equipment, such as forklift trucks, hand trucks, and drum lift, in accordance with safety rules and regulations through limited space areas.
2. Move and stage large drums, totes and pallet loads of materials to production or designated staging areas as needed in an efficient, accurate and safe manner.
3. Remove empty drums and empty totes from production and drop areas to the recycling area.
4. Weigh, measure and verify accuracy of ingredients to be added to the wax.
5. Mix fragrances in the wax tank in accordance with work order.
6. Maintain high usage raw-material stations.
7. Monitor the quality and accuracy of the products.
8. Maintain a clean and safe work area.
9. Provide production, progress or changeover reports to shift supervisor.
10. Assist with other operations within the Colour Wax Production area.
Premier Candle Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that strives to attract, develop, and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve. We aim to foster an inclusive work environment and remain committed to fair attraction, development, retention, and advancement practices.
This role operates in a production environment, employees are exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and fragrances.
**NO AGENCIES, PLEASE!**