Operator, Wick Clip (Night)
A SAFE PLACE TO WORK
Our first priority is the safety of our team members and community. We have strict policies and procedures in place that align with Public Health Canada and Ontario guidelines to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 within our building and in our community.
OUR COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- We provide all employees with personal protective equipment (face mask, face shield and gloves)
- Every person that enters our building has a temperature check and must complete a COVID-19 assessment questionnaire, which is documented for contact tracing
- Offices, manufacturing spaces, and common areas have been reorganized and plastic barriers installed to ensure physical distancing
- All areas are subject to strict cleaning and sanitization schedules
- Physical barriers between workers (plexiglass in the production facility)
- Weekly Rapid Antigen testing for all employees
We listen, we research, we design, and we deliver!
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team with strong leadership? Are you passionate about providing customer-focused solutions?
We are looking for an Operator who is detail oriented to become a part of our team to support the demands of our ever-growing business! As an Operator with Premier Candle, you will be responsible for running a wick clip machine to ensure proper placement of wicks in multiple candles simultaneously, maintaining the working area and following health and safety standards.
WHAT WE OFFER
- $16.00 per hour plus 75 cents/hour Night shift premium
- Permanent, full time employment
- Health Benefits
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
1. Competitive Salary
2. Health Benefits
3. Extended Health Care
4. Dental Care
You have a High School Diploma with 1 year of experience in manufacturing.
You bring basic math, computer skills and mechanical aptitude, as well as problem solving and multitasking skills.
You have the ability to follow health and safety training and maintain production equipment. The role requires you to lift objects of up to 20 kg (45 lbs.) infrequently, walk or stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive movements.
1. Detail Oriented
2. Health and Safety
4. Time Management
1. Examine accuracy of all machine components before start-up.
2. Prepare and start up wick clip machine at the beginning of shift.
3. Run wick clip machines, ensuring candles meet customer specifications.
4. Maintain machinery in good working condition and run according to specifications at all times.
5. Verify safe conditions around machinery prior to operating and throughout shift.
6. Prepare daily reports on run quantity to Wick Clip Lead Hand.
7. Complete daily Machine Operator check list.
8. Perform quality control inspections and report them on the Machine Operator check list.
9. Discard and keep record of rejected product.
10. Clean and shut down wick clip machine at the end of shift.
11. Complete and attach skid papers for verification.
12. Assess accuracy of completed orders before staging.
13. Adhere to all policies and procedures for health and safety, especially company Covid-19 protocols.
14. Assist with other operations within the production area.
Premier Candle Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that strives to attract, develop, and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve. We aim to foster an inclusive work environment and remain committed to fair attraction, development, retention, and advancement practices.
This role operates in a production environment, employees are exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and fragrances.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***APPLY FOR THIS JOB