Wick Fixer - Day shift
A SAFE PLACE TO WORK
Our first priority is the safety of our team members and community. We have strict policies and procedures in place that align with Public Health Canada and Ontario guidelines to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 within our building and in our community.
OUR COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- We provide all employees with personal protective equipment (face mask, face shield and gloves)
- Every person that enters our building has a temperature check and must complete a COVID-19 assessment questionnaire, which is documented for contact tracing
- Offices, manufacturing spaces, and common areas have been reorganized and plastic barriers installed to ensure physical distancing
- All areas are subject to strict cleaning and sanitization schedules
- Physical barriers between workers (plexiglass in the production facility)
- Weekly Rapid Antigen testing for all employees
We listen, we research, we design, and we deliver!
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team with strong leadership? Are you passionate about providing customer-focused solutions?
We are looking for a General Labourer (Wick Fixer) who is detail oriented to become a part of our team and support the demands of our ever-growing business! As a Wick Fixer with Premier Candle, you will be responsible for performing quality control on completed candle wicks, maintaining the working area and following health and safety standards.
WHAT WE OFFER
1. $16.00 per hour
2. Health Benefits
3. Extended Health Care
4. Dental Care
You have a High School Diploma with 1 year of experience in manufacturing.
You bring basic math, critical reasoning skills and hand-eye coordination.
You can follow and apply health and safety training. The role requires you to perform repetitive movements and stand for long periods of time.
1. Detail Oriented
2. Health and Safety
4. Time Management
1. Lift, clean and position candle wicks to maintain quality standards.
2. Check candle containers for high wax fill or low wax fill.
3. Ensure correct wick height after wax pour (too tall or too short).
4. Perform other quality control inspections on multiple candles simultaneously.
5. Confirm that glass containers do not appear frosty after wax fill.
6. Clean all tools used in the processing of wick fixing.
7. Report any defects to machine operators and line leader as required.
8. Adhere to all policies and procedures for health and safety, especially company Covid-19 protocols.
9. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Premier Candle Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that strives to attract, develop, and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve. We aim to foster an inclusive work environment and remain committed to fair attraction, development, retention, and advancement practices.
This role operates in a production environment, employees are exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and fragrances.
Please note that Premier Candle Corporation does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agenciesAPPLY FOR THIS JOB